||[Jul. 1st, 2007|12:52 pm]
|||||The Verve - Butterfly||]|
My life from the last 6 months in outline form:
A. Med school.
1. Internal medicine: liked it, still considering.
2. Anesthesiology: liked it, still considering.
3. Pediatrics: liked it, don't like doing mean things to kids, out of the running.
1. Have been spectacularly bad at keeping up with people (again). Will try to improve this.
2. Made new friends.
3. Improved friendships down here. Recent trip to Mexico with friends for friend's wedding.
4. Realized some old friends are no longer friends. Sucks, but part of life.
1. Paul and I broke up last December. Didn't so much feel like posting about it at the time.
2. Got my stuff from STL this weekend. Had a good chat with Paul. Everything went awesomely chill, so again, must work on not having unnecessary worries.
3. Met Markus, a German medical student on exchange at Baylor for 2 months. He went back to Germany for 6 weeks. He came back to Houston for 4 weeks. Lived with me, life was good. He's now currently in Switzerland for residency. Now attempting a transatlantic relationship. Awesome. Go me.
4. Miss Markus. Won't see him for 3 months. Going to hang out in Switzerland for a month in October. Currently attempting German.
The sum of all these things is that life is pretty good. Lots of new changes, experiences, people that lead to "personal growth" or whatever. In short, Catherine = happy most of the time.